3 Bedrooms with Additional 3 Bedroom Guest House Available
7 Day Stay
Grey Heron is directly on the beach on Captiva Drive, in the “Gold Coast” section of Captiva Island. This is a great location with lots of privacy and a gorgeous stretch of tropical white-sand beach. The Grey Heron main house has three large bedrooms. Your own private, heated pool with in-ground spa tub is surrounded by a furnished sun deck and tropical landscaping beyond. The cascading sun decks offer magnificent views, while a shaded and screened porch offers a place to dine outdoors and enjoy cool breezes during the midday. Grey Heron has been extensively updated, including kitchen renovations. And there is plenty of room in the lovely Grey Heron Guest House, which sleeps up to six persons in three bedrooms and two baths with a full kitchen. The guest house can be added for $1400 (both high and low season).
Show More Information
The living room at Grey Heron naturally takes advantage of the lovely view of the beach and palm trees. This is a great place to watch sunset, though you may be drawn out onto the expansive main-level sundeck just outside the glass. A fireplace (sorry, fireplaces are not available to guests) and large HDTV, along with very comfortable furniture and tasteful decorations, make this the natural gathering spot after dark.
When it’s mealtime, there are many options. The kitchen enjoys a view through the palms to the Gulf of Mexico. The breakfast nook which seats five and is conveniently close to the many work surfaces in the kitchen. A formal dining table is set up for six, but with extra chairs can accommodate more. Outdoors is another dining table for six enclosed within a screened lanai – ideal for morning coffee or meals anytime. The gas grill is right outside on the main-level sundeck.
The upper level of Grey Heron is dedicated to the grand master suite. Enter from the upstairs landing to find the spacious bedroom with cathedral ceiling and glass wall facing the Gulf of Mexico beach. There are two sun decks off the master bedroom: one larger one facing west and overlooking the pool and beach, and another private balcony facing south.
The master bathroom is a work of art with beautiful tile and strategically placed windows bringing in natural light. Down the corridor is a walk-in shower with large bench.
There are two more suites for guests at Grey Heron. One has a queen bed and the other has a full bed. There is also a sofa sleeper to accommodate a family of 8 in the main house.
Show Less Information
- Description Spacious, luxury beach front home on secluded property with magnificent views
- Configuration Main House: 3 bedrooms (king, queen, full, sofa sleeper) , 3 full and 1 half bath Guest House: 3 bedrooms (queen, queen, full), 2 baths (one with tub, one with stall shower)
- Occupancy 14 persons total: 8 persons in the main house plus 6 persons in the Guest House
- Amenities Central air conditioning and heat, private heated pool (29 by 14.3 feet) with built-in spa tub (6 x 6 feet) and furnished sun patio, elevator, pool toys, 2 TVs, VCR, laundry with washer/dryer, screened porch, regular oven and convection oven, microwave, side-by-side refrigerator with ice in door, glass top range, free high speed Internet access
- Pets sorry, no pets are permitted
- Minimum Stay one week (Saturday to Saturday)
- Rates Note Rates listed below are for the main house and do not include the Grey Heron Guest House The guest house can be added for $1600 (both high and low season).
- Cable / DVD
- Dock / Pier
- Easy Access - Minimal or No Stairs
- Enclosed Heated Pool
- Game Equipment
- Grill Access
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Jet Tub
- No Pets Allowed
- Pet Friendly with approval
- Shared Pool
- Spa Tub