7 Day Stay
CALL FOR SPECIALS !!! Open weeks only
Holly House is one of the southernmost houses on Captiva. This is the “Gold Coast” section of Captiva Island, famous for its secluded luxury estates and fantastic tropical surroundings. Down here the island is narrow: you live right on the water near Blind Pass (the bridge from Sanibel onto Captiva), and beach access is directly across the street. Your view encompasses a broad sweep of small, uninhabited keys as well as the northern tip of Sanibel Island. The Roosevelt Channel leads out to Pine Island Sound and the Intracoastal Waterway. There are very few visual clues that you haven’t landed on your very own tropical island!
Show More Information
Your visit begins with the blue and white Holley House sign on Captiva Drive, guiding you into the landscaped grounds (more than an acre). The gently curving driveway — just long enough for seclusion — leads you past palms and sea grapes to a circular drive with plenty of parking including shaded areas. Another area off the driveway is handy for additional parking or for storing your boat trailer(s).
The warm-hued house just glows in the tropical sunlight. Step inside to the spacious and beautifully-decorated main level. You’re drawn immediately to the large rear windows and the unique “round tower” screened lanai, both overlooking the water. Then gaze down at your large, private pool, with sunning patio and shell-lined path onto the private boat dock.
Guests love taking advantage of the Holley House waterfront location! Enjoy the ever-changing tides, and fish from the dock dock. Rent some kayaks by the day or by the week (or bring your own), and explore the ever-fascinating keys and mangrove-lined creeks right across the channel. It’s like having your own Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge only a few paddle-strokes from your vacation estate. Or use the dock as your home base for fishing and motorboating Captiva, Sanibel and the many other nearby islands. Plan on spending plenty of time on the awesome white-sand beach, sunning or swimming in the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico, hunting shells, or taking long walks and enjoying this part of paradise. Holley House has deeded beach access directly across Captiva Drive.
The living room is bright and spacious, with plenty of windows to let in the natural light. Comfortable seating enjoys views over the water, as well as the 55-inch HDTV (with HD DVR and DVD). Board games and puzzles can involve the whole family together – fun when retreating from the blazing sunshine or a tropical rain shower. A corner of the living room has been set up as a nice little office, with writing desk, phone, and chairs.
Holley House features an amazing screened lanai, capitalizing well on the lovely waterfront location. Just off the living room, this unique octagonal porch has a peaked roof and resembles a castle round tower. With a dining table, two side tables, and ten chairs, there is plenty of space for enjoying the Captiva environment within shelter.
The dining table is spacious for six, and there are two additional chairs that can be pulled up. A side cupboard holds interesting decorations. But the best part is enjoying the big views over the water!
Newly remodeled (2014), the kitchen is bright and modern. New cabinets, floor, and all new (2016) appliances make it a pleasure to use. Also remodeled on the main level is the powder room (half bath) off the entrance foyer. Rounding out the main level is a utility room with full-size clothes washer and dryer.
The four ample-sized bedrooms are on the upper level at Holley House. The master is on the southeast, with king bed and en-suite bathroom (step-in shower with seat). An HDTV is ceiling mounted for comfortable viewing from the bed.
The queen bedroom (in the northwest) has a flatscreen TV, large dresser, and a closet. The twins bedroom (in the northeast) has a flatscreen TV, lots of closet space, and wicker furniture including a dresser and two bedside tables. A cozy chair is perfect for relaxing in the nook, gazing over the water or reading a book borrowed from the shelf on the upstairs landing. The twins bedroom (in the southwest) has a glider seat as well as wicker chair and dresser, plus a closet. These bedrooms share the full bathroom, with tub-shower.
Show Less Information
- Description Lovely house on the bay, over an acre of tropical landscaping, with deeded beach access directly across the street
- Configuration 4 bedrooms (king, queen, twins, twins), 2 and 1/2 baths
- Occupancy 8 persons, non-smoking
- Amenities Central air conditioning and heat, T-shaped boat dock with built-in bench, private heated pool (dimensions 14 x 24 feet, depth 5 feet), sun patio and outdoor shower at pool, unique octagonal screened lanai overlooking the water, gas grill, charcoal grill, full-size washer / dryer, all new floors, all new furniture, 2 new flat screen tvs (55 inch and 38 inch), HD DVR, 2 DVD, VCR, remodeled (2014) kitchen and powder room, all new kitchen appliances (2016), fully equipped kitchen (Amana dishwasher, Frigidaire refrigerator with ice maker, electric stove, microwave, coffee maker, blender, toaster), WIFI. (Note: the owner's kayaks are not available for use by guests.)
- Pets Pet Friendly for a small dog! Sorry, NO CATS. Pet fee is $150 per pet, per stay Please pick up after your pet. Pets must be on a leash at all times, including on the beach.
- Minimum Stay One week (Saturday to Saturday)
- Cable / DVD
- Dock / Pier
- Easy Access - Minimal or No Stairs
- Enclosed Heated Pool
- Game Equipment
- Grill Access
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Jet Tub
- No Pets Allowed
- Pet Friendly with approval
- Shared Pool
- Spa Tub