7 Day Stay
Island House is a private cottage right in the Captiva Village center, across Binder Lane from the bay shore. It’s built in the old Florida style, and is registered as a historical cottage. On March 28, 2018, The Captiva Island Historical Society hosted a celebration of the 100 year anniversary of Island House. Built in 1918 by F.A. Lane and later owned by Pastor Rawls until 1978 when Joe and Nan Baer purchased the Island House and it remains in the Baer/Terrill family today.
Show More Information
This is a great location with such easy walking convenience to shops and restaurants. Stroll down Andy Rosse Lane to the beach.
Island House has three bedrooms and three baths, plus a day bed in a smaller room. There is a full kitchen, a glassed-in porch, and a nice back yard. It has a laundry with washer/dryer. For a family requiring less space, you can rent only the downstairs two-bedroom two-bathroom separately for a reduced weekly rate.
Show Less Information
- Description Historical cottage in the Florida style
- Configuration 2 bedrooms (king, one twin) plus another small room with a twin day bed, 2 baths Optional upstairs apartment: 1 bedroom (twins) plus a twin bed in the living room, 1 bathroom
- Occupancy 7 persons maximum: 4 persons in the main house, and 3 more persons (total occupancy 7) if the upstairs apartment is also rented
- Amenities Central air conditioning and heat, all new kitchen appliances, washer / dryer, ceiling fans throughout, nice back yard, glassed porch
- Pets sorry, no pets are permitted
- Minimum Stay one week (Saturday to Saturday)
- Rates Note Rates listed below are for the entire house (includes upstairs apartment) Call for information about renting the downstairs only.
- Cable / DVD
- Dock / Pier
- Easy Access - Minimal or No Stairs
- Enclosed Heated Pool
- Game Equipment
- Grill Access
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Jet Tub
- No Pets Allowed
- Pet Friendly with approval
- Shared Pool
- Spa Tub