7 Day Stay
SUMMER SPECIALS !!!! Open Weeks Only
Manateaze is a truly magnificent home on the “Gold Coast” section of Captiva Drive. The house is extremely spacious and there will be more than plenty of room for 10 guests. It offers all the amenities, including private heated pool and spa, dock, elevator, two garages, wet bar, deeded beach access (across Captiva Drive), and more.
Show More Information
Your visit to Manateaze begins with the fish sign on Captiva Drive, guiding you into the estate. The long, curving, white shell driveway (with pull-off spots for extra parking) leads you through manicured gardens and under graceful palms to the house. There is the house, just beyond the front garden in the center of the driveway circle. You can return later to enjoy the calm and beauty of the elevated front garden, with its pools and palms. Manateaze has deeded beach access: go across Captiva Drive, and walk between the two palm trees (between 16632 and 16636).
Inside, you’ll find the two-story atrium lit by natural light from many large windows and sliding glass doors. Just beyond is the fabulous sun deck, with its pool and spa tub. Continuing through the rear garden, find the path to the dock and absorb the peaceful splendor of Captiva’s water front. Here live osprey, herons and other wading birds, pelicans and more. Under the surface are the fish they eat, and sometimes you may even see our awesome mammals: manatees, and dolphins.
The pool is best in class, as you might expect for such a grand house and property. Water cascades gently into the pool from the spa tub across glass bricks, like the sound of fountains at a classic Mediterranean villa. The pool even has a built-in table with underwater bench seating – perhaps you’ll wish for a butler to bring refreshments while you’re enjoying the warm sunshine!
Manateaze is deceptively large, and there is abundant space throughout. The main level includes a two-story central atrium where the big dining table is located, two bedrooms, two and one-half baths, the kitchen, laundry, family room, breakfast area, living room, and a huge screened porch with dining table seating eight. Upstairs are the two master bedroom suites, the large den, and access to two screened balconies. Downstairs (not pictured) is another vast finished area, including a huge media room, play room, work-out room, and more. An elevator, garage and wide doorways make this a very accessible home.
The master bedroom on the northeast side of the upper level overlooks the pool, gardens and bay to the north. In addition to the premium four-poster king bed, there is a comfortably furnished sitting area surrounded on three sides by windows. This house takes full advantage of its magnificent views! The sitting area also opens onto a private balcony overlooking the pool. The bathroom is vast, with a two-person shower and large whirlpool tub. Discover the pleasures of outdoor showering with the special shower balcony!
The other master bedroom is on the southeast side of the upper level, and features a large balcony, covered and screened, overlooking the pool and gardens. This is a first class grandstand for enjoying the daily sunrise show over the waters of the bay. The premium king bed is nearly dwarfed in such a large bedroom. The bathroom is features a large whirlpool tub plus shower, with glass bricks and windows.
On the main level are bedrooms 3 and 4, each with a queen bed and direct access to the large western balcony. Upstairs is a spacious den with trundle bed, single sleep sofa, and desk (WIFI).
Show Less Information
- Description Magnificent home on the bay front, 4148 sq ft living space, 10,000 total Deeded beach access (across Captiva Drive: walk between the two palm trees between 16632 and 16636)
- Configuration 4 bedrooms (king, king, queen, queen) plus den with trundle bed and single sleeper, 4 and 1/2 baths
- Occupancy 10 persons
- Amenities Central air conditioning and heat, private heated pool and spa, elevator, 2 garages, wet bar, WIFI, dock, 2 kayaks, eat-in gourmet kitchen, laundry room with full-size washer and dryer, gas grill, Jacuzzi jet tubs in two master suites, and more (please call for details). Please be aware that the fireplace is not operational and cannot be used by guests. Note: the boat lift is not available for guest use.
- Optional Amenities Manateaze option: add 4 bikes (2 adult, 2 child, helmets as well) for only $50 per week! Highly recommended!
- Pets sorry, no pets are permitted
- Minimum Stay one week (Saturday to Saturday)
- Cable / DVD
- Dock / Pier
- Easy Access - Minimal or No Stairs
- Enclosed Heated Pool
- Game Equipment
- Grill Access
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Jet Tub
- No Pets Allowed
- Pet Friendly with approval
- Shared Pool
- Spa Tub