7 Day Stay
Sunset Captiva #57 – your own little piece of paradise! Sunset Captiva is a small, charming, unique community located in the heart of Captiva Village Center – there is nothing else quite like it on the west coast. Stretching from bay to gulf, it really has it all:
Show More Information
- a large heated pool – one of the largest on Captiva
- a picnic and barbecue area with commercial grade gas grills
- our own marina on the bay side with boat dockage at no additional charge – and great fishing from the private dock
- a nature walk to Chapel By the Sea
- and a private boardwalk to miles of beautiful gulf beach – world renowned for white sand beaches, fantastic shelling, warm water and abundant sunshine
Our home is located right in the center of it all – a 3-minute stroll to the marina or pool, and just a minute more past the pool to the gorgeous gulf beach. Many restaurants are less than 5 minutes away – enjoy outdoor dining and nightly entertainment at the Key Lime Bistro, or sunset and cocktails on the beach at the Mucky Duck, or take a trip back to yesterday at the funky, eclectic Bubble Room.
For some more active pastimes, Jensen’s Marina is just across the street with boat rentals, fishing guides and frequent nighttime jams. Yolo Water Sports has waverunner rentals and tours, parasailing, bike rentals, golf carts and more. Captiva Cruises is just past Jensen’s and offers shelling and dolphin cruises, sightseeing trips to nearby islands, or how about a trip to Cabbage Key for lunch at the pub where Jimmy Buffet wrote Cheeseburger In Paradise? There are also kayak tours and chartered fishing tours a short distance away – all here on Captiva.
Activities and things to do on Captiva and nearby
- Shelling – some of the best shelling beaches in the world
- Fishing – one of the top ten fishing areas in the world according to Field & Stream
- Boating – rent boats across the street at Jensen’s or at other nearby marinas
- Kayaking – guided tours offered at Tween Waters Marina.. and many other guided tours available
- Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge – birding, hiking, wildlife drive, kayaking, fishing
- Captiva Cruises – dolphin & wildlife cruise, sunset cruises, Cayo Costa beach and shelling cruise, and many more!
The interior features granite countertops, tray ceilings with crown molding, and comfortable accommodations. Linens, bath towels, beach towels and starter supplies are provided. There are beach chairs, a beach umbrella and a beach cart in the storage area beneath the house. The cabinets in the living room are stocked with a selection of books, games and DVDs. The kitchen has granite countertops, a breakfast bar and is equipped with everything you will need. The living room has a comfortable couch, plush chair and ottoman, and a relaxing rocker. Enjoy the flat screen TV and DVD player or relax with a book. Enjoy your morning coffee on the screened lanai, or dine by its festive perimeter lights at night. Almost all the rooms have ceiling fans and there are two fans in the lanai. The dining room seats six comfortably. The laundry room has a full size washer and dryer and space for extra supplies and storage.
Downstairs there is a master bedroom with king bed, ceiling fan, bureau and flat screen TV. There is an adjoining full bath with a large walk-in shower. A passageway leads to the private children’s room with a set of bunk beds, which is also accessible from the living room. Upstairs there is another master bedroom with a king bed (with new mattress!), ceiling fan, bureau and flat screen TV. The adjoining full bath has a Jacuzzi jet tub and shower. There is also a private south-facing balcony for sunning and relaxation. The upstairs loft has two twin beds, ceiling fan and balcony that overlooks the living room.
Show Less Information
Submit your review
- Description Modern single-family vacation home, in beachfront-to-bayfront community with tennis, pool and dock. Brightly colored Floridian home with warm lighting throughout and great outdoor spaces to enjoy both in the sun and the shade make this a perfect home for families or couples.
- Configuration 3 bedrooms plus a bonus room, and 2 baths. Main floor has master bedroom (king size bed) and an adjoining private children's bedroom with bunk beds for 2, plus a large hallway bath. The second floor has another master bedroom (king size bed) with a private full bath. The second floor also has a large loft area with two twin-size beds.
- Occupancy 6 adults
- Amenities Central air conditioning and heat, Jacuzzi jet tub in master bath, 3 cable TVs, washer/dryer, ceiling fans, sundeck off master bedroom, covered parking, shared heated pool, boat dock, tennis courts, grills at the poolside barbecue area, boardwalk to beach, nature walk to Chapel By The Sea and Library, WIFI
- Pets sorry, no pets are permitted
- Special Rules & Regulations Maximum permitted per house: two vehicles parked, one boat at dock. Motor scooters and motorcycles are prohibited in Sunset Captiva community. Read the Sunset Captiva Homeowners Rules and Regulations, Dock Rules, and Pool Rules.
- Minimum Stay one week (Saturday to Saturday)
- Cable / DVD
- Dock / Pier
- Easy Access - Minimal or No Stairs
- Enclosed Heated Pool
- Game Equipment
- Grill Access
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Jet Tub
- No Pets Allowed
- Pet Friendly with approval
- Shared Pool
- Spa Tub